My car chants!

I discovered this astonishing fact today!

My car chants OM.

Each time I start the car and idle it for a minute or two, the sound of the idling engine shifts significantly. The interrupted sound of vibrating parts of an engine creates a musical composition which is... interrupted and vibrational... This is a sound that is familiar to many.

Then, every three seconds- I really checked!- the vibrational character transformed into a continuous hum. This continuous hum is unmistakable. However, to hear it, you must really LISTEN for it. It becomes discernible from audible only when you attend to it.

Oh I hear the sound everyday. However, today, I really listened.

It was distinct. It lasted for about five seconds- not very long for an OM. It was CLEAR. It was aaaooommm.

This set me thinking.

It is said in the scriptures that before everything there was the sound. I firmly believe that everything in the Universe has the memory of whatever has been and has the blue print of whatever can be. So... is it possible? Is it possible that the Om is actually ubiquitous and can be found anywhere we look for it- really listen for it?

I checked.

It is!

The fan, the AC, the tube lights, the idling laptops, even the suction machine in our out patient clinic- everything shifts to humming OM intermittently.

Sound is energy. Energy is The Divine. Each moment has the potential to awaken in us the awareness of the Divine

The Divine and The Miraculous is present in each moment, each day of life. Certain days help us to acknowledge these more easily!

Arise. Awaken the senses. Heighten the experience of living- each moment.

No comments:

The reeds that float… Nidhi Dhawan May 10, 2020 · 1 min read The reeds that float on the waves and get carried away are part of the flow tha...