The road...


The road..., originally uploaded by naturewalker.

The road is long and winding.
And I must walk alone.
I see not a soul to share my journey- it must be my own.

And be grateful for the little shade that I manage to get from the trees by the roadside. I may even find a few tiny drops of water dripping down a leaf or a branch reminding me that a Higher Power watches over my lonely journey and cares that I am looked after.

I must place my trust in the road. And in who made that road possible. Walking on this road has to be my choice- one for which I may not blame any one else, any time else. The loneliness- as well the company I find will be of my own making.

I may choose to stop. Or go on. Or go on to a different path. The journey will never end... It will always go on... And it will require a leap of faith at times to keep on walking. Knowing not what lies beyond the bend. Knowing only that a bend in the road does not mean end of the road.

there will be some paths that will be harder- and that may be the reason why we chose them.

So... walk on... And celebrate that you can.

And find along the way some friends who will walk a short distance with us- rekindling a love, reigniting a desire, and then will go their own way. People may come into our lives for a reason, or a season- but they will live their own lives while we live our own. And the overlap will be the time we may remember. The moments we share will be the memories that we may look back on in nostalgia and suddenly find our own world populated by these very people we did not even notice.

Memories have a way of doing that!

Walking down a path and walking down the memory lane can be both challenging and exhilarating. We choose the emotion we must live with. We have the choice what we will make the theme of our life. And then.. we must be faithful to all that lives in our lives and our memories.

Stop- if you must- and rest a while. Because life will not stop even if you do!

And we never really understand that! We do not take a moment to be grateful to whoever sits up there making us go through life and let Him know we notice. That we care!

No comments:

The reeds that float… Nidhi Dhawan May 10, 2020 · 1 min read The reeds that float on the waves and get carried away are part of the flow tha...