the long and lonely road



P1240199, originally uploaded by naturewalker.
I am on a path.
I have not seen where it leads. I know not even where I stand when I stand today. I have to take a leap of faith and keep walking.

Yet I know I am living in allignment with my true north. I love doing what I do today- and love being who I am today. There are, admittedly, areas where I want to BE more- but not very many where I want to HAVE more.

Were I to die in my sleep tonight, I would have only one regret- that I would not see my children grow to adulthood that I would not have contributed to shaping their world view and their self view. And THAT would be a deep, deep regret.

Sometimes it is lonely.
Sometimes I feel tired, too.
And all I can do is hold on- and hold up. And I can hope to find just one person - just one more person who is walking on the same road.
Someone who will make it possible for me to realise that I am not alone. That there are others who feel like I do- who think like I do and live like I do.
And once in a while- a kindred spirit does come along and holds your hand and holds you up- and lets you know that they understand.
They tell you exactly- "I know and I understand!"
And what's more- you can see it in their eyes!
And that makes all the difference...

No comments:

The reeds that float… Nidhi Dhawan May 10, 2020 · 1 min read The reeds that float on the waves and get carried away are part of the flow tha...