Escape Velocity...

It is early morning. The breeze is crisp and the sun is not the summery blaze. I am not going for a morning stroll- I am already on my way to work! Going up the flyover slope - a lone car- I hit the speed of about eighty easily. Despite the rolled down windows, the day is quiet and clean. Am I in Delhi? Or have I escaped? At that speed on the way up, I get the distinct feeling of impending flight- that strange feeling in the pit of the stomach. It is a unique tightness that promises excitement- potential, even.

I am going to break away from gravity! And escape!

Then I stop. Escape? To what? From what?

What are we, as a mass of humanity running for? What are we running to? What is it that we are running from? Why the sense of urgency in needing to get there- somewhere very soon? Why do we not decide to slow down and BE here- now.

If we do slow down just a bit and take the time glance around us- we see with wondermnet the world that is a miracle. I am a miracle- you are a miracle. We all are! How come the combination of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with nitrogen and phosphorus can manifest as you and me... and so many other things that may or may not be living!

What is it that makes us live- perform certain vital activitues? What is it that escapes this body leaving behind the same structural mass of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen with phosphorus... devoid of the capacity to perform vital functions?

These are mysteries that man has yet to solve. The fact that we do not know the basis of thses ( and many more things in the universe around us does not change teh natureof teh universe. It only colours- a little- the way we percieve the world around us. Awareness changes the perspective- not the reality... if reality exists! In our mythology, all is Maya- mithya. An illusion.

Is it possible? To escape from illusion to reality? Is there a reality that si different from what we are living? Can science answer these questions?

Escape... to reality... to a better life...

No comments:

The reeds that float… Nidhi Dhawan May 10, 2020 · 1 min read The reeds that float on the waves and get carried away are part of the flow tha...