NaNoWriMo


I have been wanting to write for so long now that it is no longer funny. I read like a house on fire- one book on the bedside table, one in the bathroom, one in the car for those inevitable red signals that I must stop on, and one even for the office. And not to forget one in the Purse! (What if I have to go somewhere I do not usually leave a book- I must have one on my person!)

Then a few years ago, the man who loves me, my husband and my greatest strength (That paradoxically also makes him my weakness!) threw a challenge at me. DONOT BUY ANOTHER BOOK BEFORE YOU WRITE ONE OF YOUR OWN. And I did!

But I did not know how to query it. I did not know how to publish it. I could not find an agent who though about my book and not his pocket. I tried half-heartedly for a while, and then gave up. I told myself that it was enough that I had written a book.

On one of the writing support groups online, I came across a wonderful person who became a great friend. It turned out that she is also a publisher and she had helped shape my manuscript from a raw draft to a readable final copy. She knew my characters even better than me! (Well... may be not!! ;-) )

She asked for my ms. She said she would love to publish it. We tried for nearly two ( may be even three years) but we could not figure out the financials across the oceans and on two different continents separated by timezones that I am still to count.

Finally, we decided to part gracefully. Hopefully, we are still friends.

Long and short- I have written one novel that has been difficult to publish. Faced an extreme case of Writer's block the past few years and then, on November 1 decided- It has to be now.

So.. helloo!!! NaNoWriMo!!!

I started writing without any idea what I was going to write about. But I am writing. EVERYDAY. And loving the recaptured Muse.

Thanks! Your story is INSPIRING!!!

So I write for myself. And for the man who thinks I can. I also write DESPITE not being able to find a publisher. I write for the love of writing.

No comments:

The reeds that float… Nidhi Dhawan May 10, 2020 · 1 min read The reeds that float on the waves and get carried away are part of the flow tha...