Attitude of gratefulness...

I am grateful for all that I have-
First and foremost, the great family- lovely children, fantastic husband,
A great mind, spirited soul,
A healthy body,
And...
And...
And I am really grateful for the friends and care-takers God has put all around me.

So many good people care about and for me that I can only feel humbled by God's love for me. Thank you God, for loving so freely and surrounding me with people who can show your caring and love so freely.

A childhood friend's elder sister stays very close to my hospital and follows a teacher we all know only as Bhabhi. Bhabhi has devoted her entire life to uplifting her neighbourhood. She has a dream, surely. A passion that will come true in some shape or the other- but she is a gentle, loving, caring person.

People go to her because she takes away all pain.
She came to me for a pain she should not- could not have had in the first place!
It was as if she HAD to come to meet me and bless me. She sends me her blessings often and consents to meet me alone- whenever I have wanted to lean, she has been there.

Once she recounted to me her own story- about how difficult it becomes for people who are considered strong- pillars of strength. These are the people who are 'supposed' to help everybody their lives touch. These are the people who do not need support! She was often told, 'You don't need any help! You can handle it!"

I have, personally heard this line so often that I cringe saying it to anyone else. If you are strong, you donot need an occasional rest?! No shoulder to lean on or shed an occasional tear on?! I felt my eyes becoming moist... my dam breaking up and the pent-up feelings came flowing out in a flood. This had to be God reaching out to stroke me... to lighten my burden... to hold my hand and provide me that shoulder...

And very recently, another old friend introduced me to his Guru. Someone who again gives freely, provides protection and safety in a world so full of people who do not care...

It is said- "Ask, and it shall be given."

I do not agree!

I have not even had to ask!

Thank you GOD!
For Health, mind, intellect, soul, spirit, and for people who care and love freely and abundantly...

It is quite possible that the attitude of gratefulness brings more and more into life. It is at such times that one does not know what to do with that abundance except pass it on.

If in some small manner, I am able to make a difference to even one person, I gladly would.

This also means my life, action and behaviour have to be immaculate and attentive. I cannot let even a single moment pass whereby someone who could have got something from me goes back without it.

It also means my life, action and behaviour have to be simple, open and easily shared. Anyone who can feel connected, should be able to BE connected.

It is like being a good goal keeper. It matters not how many you saved. The one goal that you missed may be the critical one! The one goal you missed, the one person who deserves but fails to get your love and attention may be the goal that makes all the difference.

What will you have done with your day when the sun goes down?

Will you have brought a smile to one face?

Will you have held and loved one child?

Will you have passed on your love and sincerity to one person?

Will you...

Will you...

2 comments:

Swati said...

So beautiful Nidhi. I must meet up with you soon.

Nature Walker said...

Thanks Swati... looking forward to it.

The reeds that float… Nidhi Dhawan May 10, 2020 · 1 min read The reeds that float on the waves and get carried away are part of the flow tha...