Is true love for real?

I was once asked this question... Is true love for real?

My answer...


True love is.

I have seen it in my grandmother's eyes when she was dying in my grandfather's lap after a long disabling illness.

I saw it in my grandfather's touch when, at the age of 80 he cared for my ailing grandmother. Untiringly.

I felt it in the suppressed sobs of my tough- hard- as-nails- father when I informed him of his father's demise.

I have basked in it each time I see my parents together- my father is nearing 70 and my mother is on the wrong side of 60. Even today when they look at each other- there is magic in the air! They still hold hands and laugh together as teenagers would! Their bright faces tell of a deeply felt strength and confidence for whatever life may deal out to them.

I have felt it when my husband can look at me across a roomful of people and speak with his eyes! It is as if everyone else just fades away and we are alone- together. The look, the touch, the smile, the care- it is all reassuring.

True love is atleast as much about being possessed as about possessing! It is atleast as much about being cared for as it is about caring for.

True love does not mean absence of conflict or even an occassional battle- whether of ego or of wits. True love is not even loving despite these conflicts. It is about there being no question about the love even in the bitterest of fights.

Love is everywhere... it is the feeling of being special for someone... a friend, a child, a student, a man or a woman... it could be anyone who wants to talk and share with you... who can lift your spirit when it is sagging and make you fly when you are already up... And you are often surprised at the human capacity to love so many people simultaneously in so many different ways that it is difficult to count!

Love is when a little child with crumpled flowers in his little hand wants to wish you a Happy Mother's Day on just about Happy any day! Love is also when your friend calls you in an ecstatic moment of glory and recognition and feels great at the appreciation you give... love is also when you can be together despite the distance!



True love is. I have found it.

2 comments:

brightspark said...

Nice! I too believe, love makes the world go around....makes us get out of bed in the morning and sleep well at night...makes us smile, makes us cry, makes us proud, makes us sad...it is the very essence of our existence, without which we would be robots not humans!

Nature Walker said...

well said. Thanks.

The reeds that float… Nidhi Dhawan May 10, 2020 · 1 min read The reeds that float on the waves and get carried away are part of the flow tha...