Our Journal- I love...

Sanjay did it again! He impressed me! We wanted to do something more meaningful than TV with our Dinner time and came up with the idea that we would write and share what we wrote. We ALL wrote.

Our first topic was- I love... dated 17/5/10

Sanjay wrote-

I love me... but me is not just my individual self. Me is defined by my world around me- my family, my friends, my work etc. My work gives me an opportunity to do good to others, to serve and to make a difference in this world. It also provides for my and my family's needs. My family is what I have been and what I will be. It embodies love on a more perceptible plane. Friends denote fun and freedom and all the other things that I enjoy doing when I am not working or fulfilling my family commitments.

Strangely I also love all the difficulties I encounter in my path of living because it is these very difficulties that give happiness its true meaning.

I also love God.

And I wrote-

Along with 'time', 'love' must arguably be one of the most used words in English language. And, like time, we live it, feel it and have it intricately woven into the fabric of our life but we cannot define it!

I love... two very powerful words that can begin a cascade of feelings. I love my family, first and foremost. I am defined by them- mother, daughter, wife, sister- They are all the roles that give me the opportunity not only to love freely but also BE loved infinitely. I cannot imagine a life devoid of this contentment. Friends, too occupy an important place in this 'scheme' of my universe.

Moving away from the Animate and the highly animated, I will have to say, I LOVE BOOKS. At any given moment, I could be reading three to five books! One in the bathroom, one by the bed-side, one in the car for the red light stops, and one in the purse are quite the usual. Books transport me to another Universe- and bring alive possible alternate existences. It is as real a world that we live in, breathe in and can feel the texture of. Yet, it is a world that we cannot touch...

My being a doctor gives me a definite high feeling. It is a profession that allows me to interact with several people who are usually highly appreciative and fuel my innate need to be appreciated as an individual who makes a difference. I was once told by a friend that it is possible to love several people and things at the same time. I have since realised that to be a BIG truth.

Each new experience of love expands the heart to be able to take and give ever more...

Thank god for this blessed feeling in our lives...

2 comments:

Swati said...

Quite an idea. Would love to 1) know what the kids wrote and 2) read more as you guys write on different topics!

Nature Walker said...

Swati! I am going to write what the kids wrote VERBATIM. That comes next.
I would love for this to go on. For the moment I am trying on a weekly post. Definitely love to share!

How are you?

The reeds that float… Nidhi Dhawan May 10, 2020 · 1 min read The reeds that float on the waves and get carried away are part of the flow tha...