A moment of silence...

It was an overcast morning.

A light drizzle and a small breeze were just enough to remind an onlooker about that wonderful feeling! People were rushing to work or blowing their horns at having been delayed ( much to their chagrin) at a traffic signal just turned red for them!

Running. Everyone is running. Everyone is running to catch they know not what.

I noticed a warning light come up on my dashboard... Fuel up NOW. It insisted. In the middle of the road. I found myself hoping either for a continuous unbroken driving pleasure with all the signals green or if red, to be so long enough for me to stop my car. Dead stop. No idling. No fuel wastage even on red signals.

One such traffic signal- inside a stopped car, I sat. Stillness enveloped me like a soft coccoon. The car windows rolled up had blocked out all he noise of the people in so much hurry that they could not notice their own breathing. I sat comfortably and closed my eyes for a moment of respite. It was in that moment of solitude and silence that I heard it.

A gentle tapping sound came from somewhere outside the car. It was inviting... very enticing. And very very very gentle. I wondered where it came from and what could it be. Then I saw it... The rain gently falling on the windscreen.

The Lord talks to us in many ways and myriad languages. He shows us plenty and we fail to see. He whispers in our ears and into our hearts and we fail to hear. He touches us in a lot of gentle ways but we are far too busy in our mundane existence to fathom the profound.

Take a moment.

Slow dow.

Hear.

See.

Live life... don't just survive it!

No comments:

The reeds that float… Nidhi Dhawan May 10, 2020 · 1 min read The reeds that float on the waves and get carried away are part of the flow tha...